6.22.2006

An Acceptance?

A friend of mine and I talked the other day. She is LDS and I used to be, and she asked if I hold any grudges against the church.
I talk big. Yeah, there are a lot of things I don't like, and even if I weren't a lesbian, I probably wouldn't go back. But deep down, there are no grudges against the church or what it teaches. There is an abhorrence for the people, for the most part, and how they interpret those teachings. Even sometimes for the leadership and specifically their stance on gay marriage.
Then she said that her wish for my partner and I was that we would meet an open, loving, and accepting LDS couple that would befriend us and blast those walls of stereotype we have created for all people LDS.
LDS Couple, oh LDS Couple, wherefore art thou, LDS Couple?

No comments: