3.22.2006

Democratic Caucus

I feel so very politically active this morning.

Last night we went to the Democratic caucus for the district and precinct our new house is in. We sat behind a gay couple and felt quite at home.

Then, we seperated into our precincts and found we were in the same precinct with the brother of a certain KUER announcer. We found ourselves elected delegates to the county and state conventions and then elected Vice President and Secretary of our precinct. I'm just hoping there's more than three democrats in our area, or we're in for a rude awakening.

Anyway, I'm quite excited for the political season to get into full swing. I think the conventions will be fun, and it will give me a chance to make my voice heard on behalf of Scott McCoy. I just hope my partner doesn't resent me too much for dragging her along and making her get involved!

No comments: